With the Pawn Shop reality shows and a tough economy, pawn shops are becoming more and more popular because they are a great place to save money on purchases and get a fast easy personal loan. Shoppers can save a bundle on home electronics, jewelry, tools, game consoles, tablets and personal computers. Savings on these items can be anywhere from 30% to 60% as compared to retail prices in the big box stores.
There are some things a savvy first time pawn store shopper should know when shopping at their local pawn shop. Here are a few tips before you visit pawn shops in Denver.
1. Research: Before you visit the pawn shop check to see if they have a strong presence online. A reputable pawn shop will have a website with useful information. You may also check to see if they have an online store so you can get an idea of what they carry. But keep in mind many very reputable shops don't put their inventory online because it is very time consuming to maintain.
2. How does the staff respond: When you walk through the door does the staff greet you? Our first impression is very important to how we feel about a business and these small shops are no exception. If they greet you as you walk through the door it is a pretty good indication that they take customer service seriously.
3. Are they busy: Depending on the time you go a good shop will typically have people in the store - especially on weekends. Every shop will have occasional slow times but when you see people coming and going that is a good sign.
4. Store cleanliness: A clean and well organized store will tell you a lot about the shop. If the store looks dirty, dingy and unkept it could be an indication that they really don't pay attention to the quality of the items they bring in or sell.
5. Quantity of items for sale: When you walk in does the shop appear to have a lot of items for sale on the show room. Look at the jewelry cases and shelves to see how much inventory they have out. When you see a lot of items this is a good indication that the pawn shop is busy and vibrant in the community.
These tips might help you on your first visit but the most important thing is your gut feel when you walk through the door. When you find happy customers visiting with the staff, a bright vibrant store with lots of inventory and quality, clean merchandise you've probably found a great new place to shop and save money on the things you are looking for and in some cases the things you weren't looking for but just couldn't pass up.